> / > general > tech > gba-dev
butano: Modern C++ high level GBA engine (github.com)
Modern C++ high level GBA engine.
- Create and display sprites, backgrounds, text, raster effects and more with only one line of C++ code.
- Custom standard library without heap allocations nor exceptions, based on ETL.
- Import and use your own assets with ease.
- Multiple development tools like asserts, emulator logging and code profiling.
- Based on modern C++ concepts like shared ownership and RAII.
- Detailed documentation.
- Multiple examples of most aspects of the engine.
- The source code and assets of two full games (Butano Fighter and Varooom 3D) are provided with this project.
Documentation is available at the following link: https://gvaliente.github.io/butano/index.html
#gamedev #retrogames #Cplusplus #gba