> / > general > research-tools-designs
DIY Book Binding
Saddle Stitch Binding
- Fold your book in half
- Divide the height of your book by 6
- Bang 5 holes equal distance down the fold
- Start from the inside of the book and put a threaded needle through the center hole.
- Go up a hole and come back to the inside.
- Finally go back out through the top hole and then back in through the center hole.
- Repeat heading downwards.
- You should end up with the end of the thread from the start and the needle end in the middle of the book. Tie it off now and cut off the excess.
- I trimmed the book down by lining it up on a cutting mat and then pressing down HARD with an X-acto craft knife.
Largely lifted from here:
#diy #books #binding #crafts