> / > general > food > recipes
I don't really know what I'm doing. If you follow these instructions you'll probably die maybe. You have been warned.
- Tare scales with empty jar
- Stuff jar tightly
- Fill with water
- Note weight and pour water into a jug
- Calculate 2.5% of the combined weight (or an appropriate salt content for your chosen vegetables) and add that much salt to the jug and mix well.
- Pour brine back into jar.
- Keep everybody submerged
- Cover loosely in a dark place and check back later
- Make sure theres no mould on top of the jar.